Custom Search

11/11/2008

Renault visit New Delhi for first Indian Roadshow

After visits to Johannesburg, Kiev and most recently Lisbon, Renault travelled to New Delhi in India at the weekend to demonstrate their cars as part of their 2008 Roadshow programme.

2008 Renault Roadshow - New Delhi. New Delhi, India. 08th - 09th November 2008 ©: Eric Vargiolu / DPPI / Renault F1 2008 Renault Roadshow - New Delhi. New Delhi, India. 08th - 09th November 2008 ©: Eric Vargiolu / DPPI / Renault F1 2008 Renault Roadshow - New Delhi. New Delhi, India. 08th - 09th November 2008 ©: Eric Vargiolu / DPPI / Renault F1



Following several weeks of preparation in close collaboration with Renault India, the demonstration saw Nelson Piquet and Renault third driver Lucas Di Grassi take to the streets of the Indian capital in a first for the team and for the residents of New Delhi, who showed great support for the event.

In all 120,000 people turned out for the spectacular show that saw Piquet and Di Grassi showcase F1 power around a specially-designed 1.2 kilometre track that took the cars along the famous Rajpath Road, through the heart of the Indian capital from the India Gate to the Janpath Road.

"It was my first visit to India and I have to say that I have been really amazed,” said Piquet. “I hope that our demonstration entertained the fans and that they enjoyed the day as much as I did. I'm really happy to have been involved with this event, which was important for Renault, for ING and for India, which is becoming more and more interested in Formula One."

Di Grassi added: "It was also my first trip to India and even though I have not been able to see an awful lot of the country, I have to say that I've really enjoyed being here. We have been really warmly welcomed and I hope that the public now have a better understanding of the true potential of a Formula One car."


0 comments:

Template by : vortech-speed.blogspot.com