Custom Search

10/21/2010

Edwards prepared for final push

The Monster Yamaha Tech 3 rider finished seventh in the Iveco Australian Grand Prix and is now ready to make a final push in the last two rounds of the campaign.

Edwards reviews seventh place
Edwards reviews seventh place
Colin Edwards got his bid for a top ten World Championship finish back on track today, the experienced Texan claiming seventh. Edwards was hopeful of fighting for a top-six finish but he spent the majority of the race adapting his riding style to counter a small rear grip issue. With two races remaining at Estoril and Valencia, Edwards is just three points away from an overall top ten finish.

Colin Edwards – 7th:

“The pace I'd run all weekend was pretty much the pace I was able to run in the race. Conditions changed so much over the weekend that we never really got enough time to work on finding a decent set-up. I was confident going into the race and got a decent start but pretty much from the second corner I was having some spinning from the rear tyre. I tried to adjust my riding style because I didn't want to lose contact with the group in front of me. I settled into a comfortable rhythm but I just couldn't go any faster. I was trying different lines but I couldn't enter the corner like I wanted to. My speed was basically dictated by what the rear was doing, but we'll look at the data and figure a few things out for the final part of the season. I want to thank my guys at Monster Yamaha Tech 3. This has been a tough period of the season but we've worked really hard together and I'm happy with the way I've performed. Congratulations to Ben too for getting Rookie of the Year. He's rode awesome all year and he's beaten a lot of good guys to achieve that.”

Monster Yamaha Tech 3 press release

0 comments:

Template by : vortech-speed.blogspot.com